Friday, September 19, 2008

Alamance County Rest Stop, North Carolina

I just saw a man in an Obama t-shirt, so I thought I'd go ask him how it's looking down here. He said he's from Virginia, and Obama has decent support there. He said he knows it's much stronger in the Carolinas.

Driving is exhausting. I'm glad I went this way. I've only been on the road two and a half or so hours yet today and already I am freaking exhausted. Can't imagine if I'd have tried to do this at the end.

This morning I got gas at a station run by two middle-aged or so women, well coiffed for gas station attendants. Gossiping with a customer. Didn't say "boo" to me. Of course, I didn't say boo to them either because I'm suddenly terrified of Southerners. And I passed a small shack of a store on Beach Road in Virginia, the sign outside of which read, "Cigarettes. Ice Cream. Computer Repair Diagnostics." No lie.

No comments: