Thursday, July 17, 2008

Siting campsites

Today is State and National Parks day here at Red Tettemer. Well, here in the back corner of the studio. West Virginia State Parks are pretty frightening, Virginia's website blows, but Georgia has a fantastic DCNR site, almost as good as our Pennsylvania site. At any rate, I've found campsites near most of my stops now and can start looking more realistically at my schedule. I also got my time off "cleared," which means my boss wrote "go for it" in a response to my time off request email, but probably has no idea that he's done so.

In some ways I can't believe I have to wait two whole months to get this thing underway, although, on the other hand, I can't believe I only have two months to plan.

Needs:
a tent (haw!!)
an electric lantern, for reading and writing

Maybe I can add this list to the layout of the blog somewhere.

Oh, and check out the google maps link at the top right. I'm marking off my sites.

No comments: